Bright Club is an evening of stand-up comedy by researchers for a general audience. The concept gained popularity quickly in the UK and since October, Brussels has it’s very own Bright Club. There have been three editions of Bright Club so far and they have all been a huge success, so we’re very pleased to announce the next evening science comedy will be on the 11th of October at the Rits Café.
- Step 1: you let us know you’d like to perform in a Bright Club, you reserve the afternoon and evening of 11 October in your calendar.
- Step 2: we fix a date in september for the Bright Club training session. This training will be for all Bright Club performers and takes about three hours (usually in the afternoon). Participation is mandatory, if you can’t make it to the training, you can’t perform at Bright Club.
- Step 3: you have +/- 3 weeks to prepare your 8 minute comedy sketch.
- Step 4: final rehearsal with your trainer and the other performing researchers during the afternoon of the gig, 11 October.
- Step 5: 11 October, 19:00: D-Day, H-hour, Go time at Rits Café.
- Step 6: Revel in the adolation of the masses. There is no prize, no competition, no jury. It really is the taking part that counts. And you’d be surprised what you learn about your research by condensing it into an 8 minute long comedy sketch.